Friday, March 4, 2011

She's The One...

So I go to Lady F's class this morning even though I'm not feeling it, and I half way hoped she had called in sick. Nothing major, a sinus infection or something simple that she would get over in a few days, but to my dismay, she was there-and it looked like she had a lot of energy. I felt like I was gonna throw up.

I waited and waited for my secret "emergency medical team" to arrive. I've decided that my friends Carolyn and Tiffany would be the most likely to make sure the Paramedics are called in a timely fashion should I fall out in class. But my "emergency medical team" never showed. I got nervous. Lady F wouldn't call for help til she had at least three down so who was gonna take care of me today? I scanned the room and there she was. My new friend Sharonda. I had to make eye contact with her so she knew I was there and that I could possibly need her help. She's a Massage Therapist and when I saw her trying to weasel her way out of class early saying she had an appointment, I knew she was The One. I had to move fast, so I went over and talked to her. When my life was possibly at stake here, I couldn't rely on eye contact. I made small talk and think to myself, that should do it. She knows I have kids, she'll be glad to leave class and go call 911 if I needed her to.

I knew I was in for trouble when Personal Trainer "Bar" shouted "OFF with the fans!!" So I smiled, glad I didn't pick her as my EMT-those fitness folks stick together! We began class and I immediately left my body and watched myself go through the motions, waiting for me to fall over. We were almost finished with class when my asthma kicked in. I've been having issues w/my asthma during Zumba and other exercises but I forgot to take a puff from inhaler today so I had to run out and get it. Class soon after ended. Thank God!

As I was walking out the door, I realized I didn't want to even drive myself home. I was exhausted. I turned around to see if Sharonda was anywhere in sight. She lived closer I'm sure, maybe I could go home with her. I'm guessing it would be inappropriate to ask her if I could. I didn't even want her couch, the front porch was perfect. I could nap for a while and then go home. But I remembered she had an appointment so I was on my on. Darn.

Now I've showered and have eaten as much as could pack down my throat and I must go play first grade teacher for the remainder of my day. Wonder if I can convince them it's nap time?

No comments:

Post a Comment