Monday, September 6, 2010

Journey to The Gym II

to catch up and read part one click here

Today's episode of Val's Journey to The Gym is brought to by Aesop's fable "The Tortoise & the Hare" . Since my first visit the the local gym last week (I won a 2 mos free membership) I have walked through the doors two more times.
I haven't had any more aerobic classes yet but I've been to check out the machines instead.

I decided to go in on Sat. so that if I pressed wrong buttons, set off some kind of alarm w/flashing lights or worse, not even be able to turn one on to use, there would be less eyes to witness such incompetence. I was assured they are simple to use and require no skill, and this was true! I am no longer intimidated by the machines!! I do stay away from the stepper machines, or anything else that makes your booty *outstanding* literally because I could seriously waitress both backwards and forwards w/mine, carrying trays and no spills.I have found out that I am a machine hopper. I LOVE the one called a Crossramp, after 10-15 min on that I jump over to a treadmill for a few, then on to something else.

Today, I had just finished my first go w/the Crossramp and intended to do treadmill for ten minuets or so and go back for more Crossramp, and I was already sweating bullets. I noticed an older lady (above 60) start the machine next to me. I continued to watch the tv, and after a couple of minutes, I notice the older lady out doing me! Now, I felt like the tortoise and she was the hare walking circles around me and quick! I looked down and saw I was going negative 2 miles an hour pretty slow so I sped up! I was then going her speed and hoped she would tire out soon, she was hard to compete against keep up with. I did manage to get back to my favorite Crossramp and even did a leg machine! I can't wait to back in an aerobic class or two again this week. I'm having a fabulous time at The Gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment